Sunday, June 27, 2010

Deep Thoughts From the Shooting Range...

-Seriously, how hard is it to follow instructions that are repeated verbatim every 20 minutes?

-I can't understand why I can pick up about any rifle and hit a target with it at 100 yards, but I can't group for junk with a handgun at 10 yards.

-When you touch a gun, it somehow infects your brain with a strong desire to buy one of the same type, no matter how impractical or expensive it is. If you fire said gun, this infection spreads 1000 times more rapidly.

That's all for now. Today was a good day.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Have you seen that show on the History Channel called Top Shot?

Jill said...

No more shooting with friends who have different guns!

Eric Hildwine said...

Karen, yes I have the show on the DVR. It's pretty interesting, but I wouldn't want to try it. I would need to shoot about 100 times what I do now to get to that level and I don't think Jill would appreciate that.

Jill, maybe if you came with me you could prevent me from shooting other people's guns...