Ok, so I know I'm a few days late for this, but Jill's incessant playing of Spider Solitaire the last few days has rendered the computer unavailable quite a bit this week. However, I didn't want to let the occasion pass by without saying a few words to mark our six year (holy cow, who's spinning the clock???) anniversary.
I'm sure a lot of people think that Jill and I are crazy and our relationship is out of whack. Honestly, we do things differently than most couples, but it works for us. Sometimes we look forward to our days apart doing different things as much as we do spending the day together. I like to think it balances our relationship, some may think differently. Kind of like how Jill and I look at couples who spend all of their time together and think "we would kill each other!"
However you slice it, everything has worked out pretty well for us. We've got two wonderful kids who bring us as much joy as they do test our patience (a character flaw we both possess). We've got a wonderful home and great friends. I'm sure that if you told us six years ago as we struggled through the "summer of poorness" together that things would be this nice right now we wouldn't believe you. God's grace works in amazing ways.
What more could I ask for? I have a wife who lets me buy guns (occasionally), mess up the kitchen table with reloading supplies weekly, and generally puts up with my crap. All I have to do in return is give her a few neck rubs, pick up after myself, and occasionally let her go on a clothes spending spree.
Happy belated anniversary Jill. I love you and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment