Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008



After our trip to the Zoo (see post below) we went over to hang out with Jill's family. Emma's cousins were there to provide entertainment for her. We broke out the SNES (or Super Nintendo for you non-nerds) for the kids to play with. It's scary to think that I was only a little older than them and playing these games when they were brand new!

Note Emma's shoes in the first picture. They have been her obsession lately. In our attempts to get her bipedal (ok, walking for the non-nerds again) we've started putting her in shoes a lot more often. Now she actually wants them on. The first steps are coming soon, I can feel it...

I know you're all probably sick of the pictures of Emma eating, but I posted this last one for a couple of reasons. First off, I think it will illustrate to all of you who have not witnessed Emma eating the voracity with which she attacks food. Second, this frame marks my first time shooting with the 5D at ISO 1600. Back in the film days, 1600 meant TONS of grain and while it looked good in some situations, it wasn't for everyone or everything. I was kind of forced to boost the ISO for this frame since I was shooting available light with the 135mm lens and my shutter speeds were a little too slow for that much lens. The images looked good and I'm sure I will be more comfortable going to 1600 if needed in the future. Enough of the camera lesson for the day.

On another note, I promise my next post won't be black & white. I guess I've just been in that kind of mood lately-don't hold it against me... :o)

1 comment:

Alisse Baldwin said...

It's seriously suprising she's so little!