We were after our usual target of coyotes, but this really isn't the ideal time of year for them. We didn't let that bother us one bit and set off as hopeful as ever that we would see some coyotes out there. The weather was a little warm which made hiking a challenge, but a little rest in the shade cured that.
After several stands of calling and not seeing anything, it was becoming clear to both of us that we would be getting blanked again. As we were walking towards our last-ditch stand, something caught my eye. I made a quick flanking move to the left and had a cottontail in my crosshairs.
I'm sure a lot of hunters would think such a small trophy wouldn't be worth the celebration, but it made my day (and I'm pretty sure Andrew's too.)
1 comment:
Good shot Killer!
Post a Comment