Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hollywood





Yesterday was Emma's Thanksgiving program for her preschool. She was very excited to perform for her mom and dad. The program was at a clubhouse in a neighborhood by us. Jill and I were expecting a little larger room than it actually was, and it was packed. Of course knowing that I was going to take pictures I brought the whole camera bag with me. I was hoping for enough light to pull it off without a flash, but that hope was quickly dashed. The sheer number of people kept me pretty much to one side, so I slapped on my longest lens and got to work.

It was entertaining watching the differences between the AM preschool (Emma's class-the younger kids) and the PM class (4 and mostly 5 year olds). They were much more sure of themselves. Emma did great and held her own with the older kids. She knew her moves and the words well.

The first frame was made before the program started. All of the other kids were running around being kids and Emma was doing just as her teacher told her-sitting in her spot waiting for the show to begin. I don't know whether to be amused or infuriated that she will listen so well to others and blow anything her parents say off with an eye roll.

No comments: