
On my days off, one of our regular activities is going to a store called Sportsman's Warehouse nearby. Emma loves it because they have little shopping carts that she can push around. Josh loves looking at all the mounted animals on the walls and proclaiming "DOG!" even though they are clearly not dogs.
Several months ago Emma noticed the kids fishing rods in the fishing section. Every week we have to go ogle them. I told Emma since they said "Four and up" on them that I would get her one for her fourth birthday. Over the last few weeks she has been asking nonstop about when she will get her fishing rod.
Last night at her little birthday get-together I finally gave her the new Barbie fishing rod. It came with a foam hook and targets to practice casting with, so I set it up and we did some fishing in the backyard. The image above is Emma's "first catch."
I'll post some more pictures from the birthday celebration soon. The white balance on my camera was a little off, so they are going to take a little bit of work to get right.
No comments:
Post a Comment