Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm a Bad Armature...

Sorry to those of you who usually come here to look at a few pictures and see what's going on in my life, but I need to take a minute to address a comment that was left on my blog earlier today. I'm sure that the person who posted it (anonymously, go figure) didn't think I would even have the guts to post it as a comment, let alone address it in a post so that everyone could read it. So without further ado, here's the comment:

Honestly??
You can tell Eric has a good camera and a knack for taking armature pictures, but they certainly don't look like a professional photographer took them. Take a look them yourself. Also he doesn't have a knack for catching the right light or angles there is a general lock of composure and disregard for the general rules of composition. I can clearly see that there were many missed moments… I hope for the sake of the bride he wasn’t the only photographer. Eric NEEDS to stay out of the photography business as he is going to leave many a bride very disappointed. Stick to the Craigslist Posting for budget wedding work!

Let me simply respond by saying this... I don't expect everyone to like my photos. If you don't like them, then great. Go find a photographer that fits your style. As for these particular pictures, I was not the primary photographer. As such, I was being considerate to the commissioned wedding photographer and staying out of his way (and incidentally, probably missing out on some of those moments that you speak of.) I will not go into this particular situation any further as I don't feel I need to justify myself to you, nor do I need to speak badly of another photographer to make myself feel better.

As for you, Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous, I would love to discuss my composition and lighting choices with you further privately. Maybe you'll have the guts to step up to the plate. You will find that I've disabled anonymous comments, so you'll have to find another way to get in touch with me. You seem like a resourceful person, so I await your reply...

For all of the rest of you, I apologize again that I had to waste the time doing this. Thanks to all of my friends, family, and clients who enjoy my work and encourage me. I guess the bar's been raised by my anonymous friend, so look for even better work in the future. :o)

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think you take great pictures!! I love coming to your blog to see what new things you've posted. This anonymous person sounds disgruntled, and jealous, and needs to learn to spell. :) Keep posting amazing pictures Eric!

Unknown said...

Bro, I for one love your photography. I think you're doing a great job and have a real talent for it. Keep it up, man. As for that idiot who posted the comment...don't even waste your time.

Paul Gero said...

Eric...don't let the a** you know what's get you down...

Keep shooting and loving it!

Happy you're doing it and you're doing great work.

Your cuz.
Paul